Sunday 21 December 2008

Stitchery Success

Luke's poor teacher has yet to receive her Christmas gift! Yes, school finished a week ago, but she will be at the school again next year, so I have promised her she will have it on the first day back.

I've known for awhile what I wanted to do for her, but motivation plus a little bit of fear, held me back. You see, what I chose has not only applique, but also stitchery - two things I have not ventured very far with. So I took a deep breath and did the stitchery part. And you know what, it wasn't that scary!!! I'm even kinda pleased with the result.Please excuse the poor photography, it is so windy here today that every time I tried to take a photo outside I found myself chasing it across the deck!

I'm now off to sit on the couch, watch the Amazing Race and attempt the applique bit. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks great Kylie! I'm surprised you were scared of stitching given you passion for cross stitch! You're ahead of me in the teacher present stakes, I've got the fabric and the pattern and that's as far as I've got. Am going to read and sew while the kids are South with Grannie - they leave on 31 Dec returning around 10/11 Jan. Hugs, Kelly :-)