Monday 13 April 2009

Currently reading...

Tales of Suspense by Edgar Allen Poe. I have been a fan of Poe ever since I read The Tell Tale Heart in a year nine English class. This is a collection of 19 of his short stories. Many years ago. my husband had need to be in Baltimore on business and decided he would go and take a photo of Poe's house for me. He followed the signs, but quickly found himself in an area where he was a lone white man in a very nice rental car in a very run down neighbourhood. Deciding discretion was the better part of valor, he turned around and started to make his way out again. As is likely to happen, he got lost and thankfully was found by some lovely policeemen who suggested he was where he did not want to be and would he like them to show him back to the highway! While we laugh at this tale, I find it sad that, according to friends who live in the US, this is not uncommon.

1 comment:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

I still have nightmares about a tell tale heart...
And "something wicked this way comes"!
yikes.!

;-)