Tuesday 7 April 2009

Currently reading...

It's been awhile. Sorry about that - who knew building a house could be so hectic! Anyway, despite many things taking my time at the moment, I have still managed to read a few books. So this currently reading also covers a couple of already have reads.

First off book off the shelf was
Report for Murder by Val McDermid. I love the series Wire in the Blood and have read all the books from that series. Report for Murder is an earlier novel and while I found it not as smooth flowing as the Wire books, it was still an enjoyable read. I have the second Lindsay Gordon mystery on hold at the library.

Second was a book recommended by my husband.
The Fresco by Sheri S. Tepper. I use to read a lot of sci-fi/ fantasy but wound it right back after it all started to sound the same. Finding orginal, well written material in this genre is hard! However, Leigh contines to read it and occasionally suggests something he thinks I will like. This time he got it right. Tepper seems to be one of the few authors in this genre who doesn't regularly have me questioning whether I have read the book before or not.

And now to my actual current read...The Slippery Slope by Lemony Snicket. Yep, it's back to the children's books! Quite aptly, there are thirteen books in this series and this is number 10. I must admit I have enjoyed them less and less as I have gone, but having come this far, I'm determined to get to the end!

No comments: