...but time got away from me! Sorry! So instead of getting to hear about my new projects as I promised, you actually get to see them! I will apologise for the quality of the photos now - trying to get a decent day to photograph at the moment is nigh on impossible so I gave up and did it inside under the lounge room lights.
As some of you may remember, I participated in Kelly's International Women's Day Swap. I was partnered with Kris from Quilts in the Closet, who must think I am terrible rude(and she would have every right to!) since not only has it taken this long to acknowledge her lovely fabrics, mine were sent very late! So first off, a bit apology to Kris for my extreme tardiness on both counts. So Kris sent me these lovely fabrics.
We had to send fabrics in purple, green and/or white which are the colours for International Women's Day. I love the green and purple triangles - lush! I now need to make a bag out of these fabrics! Hope there isn't too tight a deadline on that - have huge problems with deadlines at the moment! Thanks so much Kris, they are lovely and once again sorry for my tardiness! Thanks also to Kelly for organising the swap!
Next I have finished two quilt tops! One is a project I have talked about before for a friend's daughter who can spend a lot of time in hospital. She loves pink and purple so that's the colours I used.I'm not sure how her parent's feel about her and her siblings images being on the web, so I have whited out the faces. I'm kinda proud of this quilt as I knew what I wanted it to look like and managed to work out how to do it. While I won't go so far as to say I designed it because I'm sure there are plenty out there like it, I'm chuffed I managed to work out how to do it myself. The photos are of the girl in question, her siblings, her parents and another adult who is significant in her life. The idea being she can take it into hospital and always have her family with her. My other boast for this quilt top is that apart from the fabric for the photos, it was made entirely from stash fabrics and some purple and pink strips donated by AJ. Thanks for the strips AJ, they were perfect!
The other quilt top is for Kira's daycarers. For a couple of reasons I have changed Kira's daycare, but I really wanted to acknowledge one of the carers at her old centre. Using the I spy squares I got from this swap, I made this quilt top.
I have a friend who is good with words who is going to an I Spy poem in the style from these books. I wanted to make something that could be used in the room and this is what I came up with. I like the idea so much I'm going to make one for Luke's teacher for the end of the year.
These two need to be sandwiched and quilted which I am hoping to do so in the near future. Plan for them to be in my April completed list! These are the backings I have planned for them.
The pink again from my stash for G's quilt and the very blurry fabric (sorry, photographer not fabrics fault!) I picked up this morning.
Finally I have finished my 8th BOM.
This is called Star Party and was designed by Bonnie Olaveson. Numbers 9 and 10 are sitting on my sewing table, cut out and ready to go so expect to see them in the next day or two!
So that is it for now. Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things as we go. The house we are building will be finished in the next 2-3 weeks, so then I get the fun of moving! If I disappear again, just assume I've been buried under a pile of moving stuff and I'll be back as soon as I dig my way out!