Friday 7 November 2008

Fantastic Friday!!

Today is the grand opening of the Doll Quilt parcels from the EB Doll Quilt Swap. I was very lucky, as my parcel only arrived yesterday so I didn't have it tempting me for very long.
I was extremely fortunate to have Joy as the person making my quilt and she has sent me this gorgeous little quilt for Kira.
Kira was immediately taken with it and announced it was for Baby's (her doll) big bed. She also said the sea turtle is her favourite.I personally love the embroideries, and the applique bucket, thongs and towel.

The colours are beautiful and bright and so much thought went into the label.

Kira insisted I take a photo of her with it. As I snapped the pic she said "Thank you Joy."Thank you so much Joy, it's just beautiful.

Now the nervous wait until AJ opens hers...

6 comments:

Leah said...

Oh, it's lovely!

Helen said...

Wow Joy! Those snail trails as waves look so effective! The perfect quilt for a little girl living on an island. Lovely!

Unknown said...

This is so bright and lovely! And wow, what a great label too.

Lily Mulholland said...

Kylie no wonder Kira looks so happy. Joy did a great job. I love the applique details too :)

Emma said...

Isn't it lovely? Great phot of Kira with it! I saw this one in the making, and knew it would be perfect!

Anonymous said...

The quilt is gorgeous and aptly themed and named - love it! I think the turtle will be my fave too, I love sea turtles. Can't wait to see it up close! Kelly :-)