Friday 7 November 2008

More Friday Fun!

I'm not a good sewer, and anyone who says otherwise, bless them, are just trying to bolster my confidence. (mind you, I do respond well to praise:)) No, at best I am competent, mediocre, but when I saw this, I knew I had to give it a go. So today I made 6 caps.
Kira, now by the way, insists on her doll wearing one of these!
They were fun and easy to make and I know they are going to a good home.

Speaking of not being a good sewer, it took a lot for me to join the EB Doll Quilt Swap. I joined mainly because I wanted to join in getting quilty mail, but I quite enjoy the giving bit too! As mentioned in my previous post, AJ is the person I drew to send a quilt to. Apart from being one of the organisers, AJ is a beautiful quilter whose work I freqently admire. To be honest, I am terrified of AJ opening my effort and finding it lacking. I know she will say it's lovely, and I will even believe her, but if, by the smallest of chances she doesn't like it, I'll be happy to believe the lie and let her put it away in the cupboard and forget about it. In the end, I know (and I'm sure the people I make things for know) anything I make for other is made with love and care, and surely that counts for something.
In the meantime, I might make more caps!

2 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

Great job on ALL of the caps Kylie! Quilts made with love are the best kind you know.

Anonymous said...

I saw the quilt you made and it is lovely. Please post photos when you get them. You're a better sewer than you give yourself credit for Kylie. The doll caps are very cute, shame Belle likes boys things and doesn't play with dolls!