Wednesday 7 January 2009

BOM 7 and my first finished project???

I managed some sewing time today and got to do my 7th BOM for my Mystery Designer BOM.



It's called Sawtooth Patchwork Block by Debbie Beaves and to tell you the truth, it's the one I have been least inspired by. I'm not sure why, but it's just not doing it for me.

Now, I have added this to my "completed for January" list, because it's a little mini project that I aim to complete each month to make sure I keep up with the whole BOM thing. However, I'm not sure if it truly qualifies for a ticket in this months draw. I will be happy to let May Britt and Kris make the final ruling.

Anyway, since I am over half way through the blocks for the Mystery Designer BOM, I thought we would have a bit of a look back!

BOM 1 - Cross Stitch by Brenda Riddle.BOM 2 - Star Struck by Sandy Gervais.
BOM 3 - Peace in Flight by Joanna Figuroa.

BOM 4 - Double Treats by Bunny Hill Designs.

BOM 5 - Peppermint Star by Vicki Bellino


BOM 6 - Sunrise Star by Margot Languedoc.



All in all, I'm pretty happy with them so far. I wait with anticipation each month for the new block to arrive and have yet to be disappointed. I have learnt so much, especially about half triangle squares and square in a square blocks. If you had asked me when I first started how to make any of these, I would have had no idea! I really feel I am learning some tricks.

I'm also trying to develop a new habit of tidying away the previously worked on project before starting on the next. I did this today when I packed away all the cutting materials (mat, cutter, rulers etc) and put the scraps away before doing a few more 9 patches for Luke's frog quilt. When it came time to pack up for good, it was so quick and easy. BTW, I have 35 9 patches done, only 15 left! Then I can cut them up again!!

No comments: