Friday 23 January 2009

Currently reading...

A love Story - Denene Millner and Nick Chiles


I'm not sure I agree completely with their guiding philosophy which is:

"If it is to remain a sustaining force in our lives, Black Love must be nourished, it must be cherished, it must be protected, it must be celebrated. In our writing and in our living, this idea is never far from our thoughts"(Source: http://www.celebrateblacklove.com/)

Personally, I think if you took the work black out, it would be great. The book looks interesting though. It's one I saw at the library and it piqued my interest enough to pick it up and add it to my bundle.

1 comment:

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

I am so pleased that you are reading A Love Story--it is a passion of both my husband and I that EVERYONE understand that black love exists, is special, and needs to be nourished. This book can be read by anyone--no matter the color--but my husband and I are African American and this IS our guiding philosophy in OUR life. It has nothing to do with you. But I do hope that you, too, are nourishing love in your household.

Best,

Denene Millner, co-author of A Love Story