Friday 6 February 2009

Busy, busy, busy!

I was determined to sew today. I managed to get everything I needed to get done before going to playgroup today, so when we got home, Kira was fed and abed, I sewed!

First I put a border on K's quilt.I was going to do star blocks, but knew if I did, it would take me way longer than I wanted. So I found this starry red fabric and I think it looks quite good! My friend Kelly pointed me in the direction of this fabric, which I have ordered for the back. Hoping it doesn't take too long to arrive because I really want to finish this one.

Second I cut and bagged all the blocks and sashing for my Sudoku quilt.
It's for the sports mad brother of the rocket quilt!

Figuring I was on a roll, I started cutting the frog nine patches.


Before cutting....And after...Sorry for the blurry picture. I didn't realise it was out of focus until I loaded them and I'm too lazy to go take another photo. 10 blocks cut, another 40 to go, then I get to sew them back together!!

In other news, I think this is my 84th post. I'm planning a bit of a give away for my 100th, so keep an eye out for that!

3 comments:

Purple Paisley Patch said...

Great work - what a productive day you had!!! I think backing the quilt with the rocket fabric will make it extra special, I bet the recipient loves it to bits!!!

On another note, the Quilter's Store is having a 10% sale next Friday and is open until 8ish in the evening. They also have a lucky dip that has some vouchers to increase the discount on purchases to 20%. Do you want to reschedule our trip there for the Friday arvo/night instead of Saturday? Let me know and I'll see if Bec can join us.

Emma said...

Great quilt! And you just know I'm going to love the finished frog quilt! The water fabric is an amazing colour to offest the greens.

AJ said...

Love the red border on the rockets!! Goes perfectly!!!

I agree with Emma...that blue is great with the greens!!

And I have a Sudoku Quilt on my list of quilts to make one day!